19 January 2014

Weekly Writing Report

I completed my "final" draft (there's always hope) of "Moving On," a short story about a return missionary who comes home to find that he must deal with some choices his father has made that he doesn't agree with. It's a story about marriage, tolerance, and dealing with change.

I also wrote some more for the first draft of my novel, NSG. I found that I need to add the philosophers Kierkegaard and Sarte to my reading list, because a thread running through this work is the idea of "authenticity," and what that means to the characters.

Finally, I made some more notes on a short story I'm titling, "Inversion." I've started it, and I'm excited to see how it turns out.

Well, that's it.

Read, write, execute!

Photo by Denise Krebs

No comments:

Post a Comment