10 February 2014

Weekly Writing Report

This week I had the opportunity to lunch with a good friend of mine who read my story "Moving On," offered some suggestions for polishing it off, and said he was "impressed." I ran with his suggestions and feel the story is solid now. I submitted it to Dialogue last Saturday. It's surreal letting go of a story that I've worked so hard on to get right. But it's time to move on to other pieces. Haha. No pun intended.

I worked some on "The Funeral of Sterling W. Booth." It's another Mormon-themed story. I have one more section to complete before I consider the "first draft" done. I tend to build a work a block at a time. I suppose that's unremarkable, but I have a hard time just writing straight through. I am trying to tame my self-editor to overcome this start-and-stop process. Alas, you work with what you got.

Not much progress on NSG. It's evident that I'm going to have to bear down and just wake up early in order to fit significant, uninterrupted writing sessions in. Otherwise, I'm just stealing time here and there.

The graphic artist who is preparing my cover for "Cocked" is almost done, so I hope to self-publish that story in the next few weeks through Smashwords and Amazon.

Well, write on!

Photo by MAE
Read, write, execute!

No comments:

Post a Comment